- Original title of vehicle
- Copy of driver’s license of person whose name the title will be in.
- Copy of USA Social Security card, W-2 or 1099 which states full name and social security #.
- Your signature on a SD State provided document that we provide
- Color of vehicle.
- If the current title is less than 6 months old you must provide a tax receipt from that state.
Timing & Costs
Our fee is $195 usd, we will DHL the docs to South Dakota and we will receive a link that we will pass on to you to pay the state on-line. If it is a car from out of state with no ownership change the fee is based on value that the SD Clay County treasurer’s office determines.
If there is a change of ownership a bill of sale is required, and the fee is an addition 4% of sale price to the state of SD.
Once the fee has been paid to the state they will send the new plates and registration to San Diego and then we deliver to the local branch, total turnaround time for this is about 2 weeks.
Roughly 90 days later the new title will arrive at our local branch.